Welcome

The writing blog of James Christopher Sheppard. I am a 26 year old gay male from London, UK. Here I present my experiences, poems, thoughts and opinions...

Please follow, enjoy, comment and make suggestions. Thank you!

Saturday 25 June 2011

The famous words- 110%

It began, from my memory, with Simon sodding Cowell on shows like the X Factor and Pop Idol. 'If you really want to win this competition, you've got to give it 110%.' Now you watch any TV show, you constantly hear people pipe on about giving 150%, 1000% and 110% of themselves in a challenge. Do they not understand that 100% represents the absolute maximum?? It's just words, yes, but my GOD, I find it mind bogglingly infuriating. People already appear to be getting dimmer, despite the mass availability of information at their fingertips, and this notion of 110% is just plain ridiculous. Someone have a word with Cowell, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment