Welcome

The writing blog of James Christopher Sheppard. I am a 26 year old gay male from London, UK. Here I present my experiences, poems, thoughts and opinions...

Please follow, enjoy, comment and make suggestions. Thank you!

Sunday 30 January 2011

Catch Your Breath

Gasp as the cracks torment
Opportunity dried up in an untouchable haze
The last element in my eye
               I watch as it flutters to the heavens

Gasp as despair soars through my core
Entwined in euphoric whirl, coursing from my stomach
Caught like a fly, the web spins
               I struggle to remain

Gasp through vomit stench
Fighting for nothing
Empty stomach, vacant dream
               Filling with poisonous dark green bile

Pause, breathe
Clutch to any notion of life
Of hope, of possibility
               How many times?



5 comments:

  1. thanks for the pause and breathe...and the reminder there is hope...nice one shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me of my younger days when I "clutched to any notion of life" and questioned "How many times?" will I put myself through feeling ill; ironically to forget I felt ill in the first place. Bold poem. Props for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys. I'm glad you can both see a positive element in there somewhere and it isn't purely despair! Thank you for taking your time to have a read and comment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful everything about this. Exemplary, intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow- thank you Steve. That's very kind. :)

    ReplyDelete